Sunday, May 18, 2008

Boredom

I'm bored...Not just boredom, ennui...(Because that word packs a bigger punch.)



I'm so bored, I'm watching Desperate Housewives. I'm eating "Deep, Dark" chocolate cake and appreciating the intricacies of my grandmother's baking skills. I'm contemplating the ingredients...



"Is that coffee I taste?"

"Wow...The salt left on the plate from my roast beef brings out the complexities of the cocoa."



I'm staring at my dog. Wondering what he is thinking.


"Man, my person is boring."

"She's mean...I want some of that spongy stuff, too!"



Then, I start thinking about these damned boys in my life.



Haitian-

He's attractive. He's a Navy man...Possibly too think. About 10 years my senior. Beautiful dredlocks that frame his face making him look like some powerful, Haitian prince...Thick, smooth lips...Annoying. He talks, at length, to waiters, tellers, anyone who will listen. He doesn't laugh at appropriate things. He's CHEAP...VERY CHEAP. He has an ex-wife, possibly a wife. He's damaged and attends counseling...He attends church study every Saturday, but goes to the club every Saturday when the meeting is adjourned.




No comments: