Saturday, May 31, 2008

They way things work

We all must endure something. Some days, the pain is the only thing that lets us know that we are truly alive. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is a joke. Happiness is usually fleeting and often a cover for the lies and the deceit that lie within us. I’m not a pessimist, I am a realist. Think about it. Think about the last time you were truly happy…Think about the last time, you had no worries…

I’m waiting…

Now stop smiling and remember the other circumstances surrounding that time…

It’s not so pretty, is it?

My last moments of happiness were months ago…I remember like it was yesterday.

It’s like the Dane Cook skit about couples and arguments. Dane said that a couple knows that everything is okay when the other party says, “Hey! You want to see a movie?”

Smart man.

The end of my argument was the beginning of a new end.

Again, all good things must come to an end.

We are all creatures of habit, no matter how hard the attempts to prove otherwise.

We stay at the same job because we know what to expect everyday. The majority of the nation lives within a 50 miles radius of the town in which they were born…Comfort is what we seek. Habit is comfort, the unknown is scary.

Television and life are nothing alike because life is much worse. The pain is real…Entirely too real.

I’m tired. The constant roller coaster of life is wearing me thin. Comfort doesn’t come easy. Fun ends with a great headache or regret of some sort.
I refuse to put myself through this again. I refuse to put new scars on top of the old. I prefer to continually open the existing wound. This isn’t the road less traveled. It is an old tradition to stick with what you know. That’s the way life works.

No comments: