Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's not you, it's me.

I'm tired of working menial jobs. I'm tired of settling for positions for which I am not suited.
More than that, I am tired of being fired from these positions after I've molded myself to fit what I thought the employer wanted.

"You're not lead material. You're management style is better suited for a better job." It's not them. It's me.

Yeah, Marcus says it best when he says, "Sometimes you have to eat shit." Crude way of putting it, but I get what he is saying. I haven't "paid my dues."

So I settle. I'm 26 (erm...27 tomorrow) years old and I settle in so many aspects of my life. I go to OSU when I really wanted LSU or UT or Tulane. I take Marcus how he is now because I can't have him how I want him. I accept jobs I hate because I'm trying to be realistic. In all actuality, settling is all I do right.

No comments: